All you need to know on Hyaluronic Acid
One of the biggest trends in beauty and cosmetics is Hyaluronic acid. Whether it is an advertisement on T.V. or online, you cannot avoid hearing or reading about it. But what is it exactly Hyaluronic Acid? What does it do to our skin and what are the benefits of Hyaluronic acid? Let's dive deep into it a little bit more!
What is hyaluronic acid?
Also known as hyaluronan, Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that is naturally produced in our body. Its main function is to trap water and maintain hydration which keeps the skin moist, smooth and dewier. As our body ages, the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin decreases resulting in a dehydrated skin which may lead to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. This process is exacerbated the more the skin is exposed to ultraviolet radiation from the sun, smoke and air pollution.
What are the benefits of including hyaluronic acid in your skincare regimen?
1. Provides hydration - Applying serums or other skincare products which contain hyaluronic acid help maintain the skin hydrated and turn the skin plump with a soft feel.
2. Slows down wrinkling - While hyaluronic acid is no magic, it can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines, make wrinkles look diminished, and help make the skin look younger and more vibrant.
3. Supports skin toning - Hyaluronic acid may help the skin look tighter, firm and retain its flexibility that is slowly declining as we age.
4. Evens skin texture - Hyaluronic acid can help even out skin texture damaged from causes such as acne and mild scarring.
5. Reduces pigmentation - Hyaluronic acid may help reduce the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation of the skin.
Now that you know about all the wonderful benefits of Hyaluronic acid you should definitely seek to include it in your skincare routine! Furthermore, as it naturally produced in our body, it is suitable for use on any skin type.
* This Blog was written to provide general information only and should not be seen as a replacement for a professional medical consultation. It is highly recommended to always consult your healthcare provider prior to trying a new treatment or a product.